Transfer Bond Postings
Lexington National, through its bail bond producers, affiliations with other sureties, and through arrangements with property bondsmen, can get your transfer bond posted almost anywhere in the country.
Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to post a bail bond. If the office is closed, you can always reach our after-hours underwriter. We will quickly let you know the cost and timing for posting your bail bond.
Daytime (7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time)
After-Hours Mobile Phone
General Transfer Bond Practice Guidelines
1. Complete the TRANSFER BOND REQUEST FORM and contact the office.
2. If you need a transfer bond, please contact our office for pricing and availability.
3. In underwriting, please recognize that the laws are different in every state. What you have experienced in your court system almost certainly won’t be the case with a transfer bond.
4. In short, underwrite with the expectation that you will be paying the full bond forfeiture amount. Anything less will turn out to be imprudent.
5. To accomplish the bond, you must have all of the requisite information. Do not rely on information provided by the family. You must confirm the arrest related information with the jail where the defendant is being held. Please get every bit of information possible- case numbers, booking number, charges, court dates – and verify the personal information provided by the family – date of birth, social security number, and address. Most importantly, confirm the bond amount and make certain there are no holds or other restrictions on the posting. Finally, please have the name and phone number of the facility that you called, as well as the name of the person at the facility with whom you spoke.
6. Once you have underwritten the bond properly and obtained all the information, the bond can be called in to our office and you will be given some idea of the time for posting. Before calling back to us to tell us the bond hasn’t been posted, please call the facility to determine the status. Don’t rely on the family making such statements. 99% of the time they are wrong. Inevitably the bond has been posted, but the defendant not processed for release. Again, have the name and telephone number of the person with whom you spoke.
7. Follow-up on court dates with the court and the family. You are unlikely to receive any notice, and need to monitor and verify appearance on your own. Again, be prepared to pay and make sure you have underwritten accordingly.
8. Lastly, follow-up on getting a Discharge or Exoneration, so you can reduce your Open Liability as soon as possible. Again, you will likely have to do this on your own, through the courts.
1. During regular business hours (7:30 am to 5:30 pm. E.T.), call the office at 1-888‑888‑2245 and you will be referred to one of several staff members who will assist you.
2. After regular business hours, please contact the on-call person at 443-642-0080.
3. If after a reasonable amount of time you do not receive a call back, please call the Fred W. Frank Bail Bond Agency at 1-800-334-1450 and one of its agents will be able to contact the Lexington National on-call person for that week or Ronald Frank.